Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's a big country

My husband is playing "travel agent" again. His favorite thing in the whole world to do is to go on vacation. Any time we have a little extra money (and sometimes even when we don't), he's got some kind of a vacation plan up his sleeve. I used to fight him on this, but I've come around to his way of thinking. You know, my whole new "life is too short" attitude... Plus I think he deserves to indulge his love of travel. Despite my bitching about him on SJ, he really is a good guy. He works hard for his money - hardly ever spends it on himself, and loves doing fun things with his family. So if he wants to spend all his money taking us on vacation, who am I to argue with that???

We've already been on 3 mini-vacations so far this year, and we may take a couple more before the end of the summer. Plus we have two major trips "in the works" right now.

One is a just-the-two-of-us cruise to Hawaii in November, which he booked as a surprise and presented to me on my birthday this past Saturday. (I am still in shock - he even arranged for childcare for the 9 days that we'll be gone!!)

The other has not been 100% decided yet, but it will definitely be a family affair. Since the kids are not going to Hawaii, DH told them that they can choose where we go for the family trip. Right now it's looking like San Antonio, Texas. (and possibly a side trip to Houston) They tried to talk us into California, but we've been there 3 times in the last couple of years. DH told them they should pick someplace they've never been before - after all, as he is fond of saying, "It's a big country - let's see as much of it as we can!!"

(and I'm sure once we get around to getting passports for the kids, that quote is going to change to "It's a big WORLD...")

No comments: