Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Healthy Place

This is where I spent my afternoon yesterday with the kids. My favorite park in my hometown. It was a perfect summer afternoon weather-wise - low 80's, sunny and not too humid. The pics of the park are actually from early spring - I don't have any summer ones. I'll have to remember to bring my camera along the next time I go.
I'm calling this "my healthy place" because I always feel so good when I go there. As you can see in the pics, there is a nice path around a little lake (or pond - whatever you want to call it). I love to walk laps around it - I clocked it once with my pedometer and one lap around it is a little over 1/3 of a mile. So it's kind of like walking around the local high school track, only much prettier!!

So this is exactly what I did yesterday afternoon. At one end of the lake, there is a playground. After doing 2 laps around the lake with the kids, they didn't want to walk any more. So I dropped them off at the playground and continued walking. (I can see the playground even from the far end of the lake) After each lap I checked in with them, "Hi guys - I'm gonna go do another lap". I ended up doing 6 laps total - that's a little over 2 miles. I think we're going to have to do this more often. Any way that I can fit in some exercise without it feeling like a chore is definitely a good thing.

(Especially if I want to look good for our Hawaii cruise in November!! )






No comments: