Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Playing travel agent

Uh-oh - it's been a week and I haven't updated my blog. Bad girl. No, wait - I'm not going to say that. I do admit that I have a problem with starting projects and not finishing them, but this is just for fun - so what if I don't keep up with it every day? Life is too short to beat myself up over silly things like that.

Anyway...


I've been busy playing travel agent this week. We've decided on the dates and destination for our next family vacation, and now I'm working out the details, making reservations, etc. We'll be going to Texas from October 5-14. (Actually more like Oct 6-13 - we have a late flight on the 5th and an early one on the 14th - so those are just travel days)

This trip is really for the kids, since Kevin is taking me to Hawaii without them in November. So the kids got to choose where we were going. Their first choice was California - we've been there 3 times in the last few years, to different parts of the state, and they just love it. But Kevin told them that the airfare from NY to California was too expensive for this time around, and besides, they should pick someplace they've never been before. So Texas it is.

Anyway, we're going to spend most of the time in San Antonio, and a couple of days in Houston. We're taking them to Six Flags Fiesta Texas (we are really ROCKING those season passes we bought this year!!!), Sea World, the Riverwalk, the Alamo, the San Antonio Zoo, and the Natural Bridge Caverns (and a couple of other things, museums, etc if we have time). Then we'll be moving on to Houston to visit the Johnson Space Center and a few museums.

The kids are really excited. I was surprised that they were so enthusiastic about visiting a state other than California. But really, they're such good little travelers - they really enjoy discovering new places. They have done so well on all the trips we've taken them on. As long as every trip includes some "kid stuff" (amusement parks, zoos, aquariums, etc), we can get in a lot of educational/cultural stuff too. I just bought a book the other day, called 500 Places to Take the Kids Before They Grow Up. It was cool to look through it and see how many of the places we could check off on the list. And now of course, the kids have a goal to see how many MORE they can check off in the next few years.

Guess I'll be playing travel agent a lot.

No comments: