Friday, August 3, 2007

I am a Tropical Flower


Man, I hear so many people complaining this week about the current heat wave we're having - but I am totally loving it!!

I always feel so much more alive in the summer. I tell everyone that I am a "tropical flower" - after all, I am a product of the Bahamas (honeymoon baby.) Kevin laughs when I say that - he says I'm more like a lizard. (which happens to be one of my childhood nicknames - go figure!!)

I don't know - I kind of like the "tropical flower" image better.

I love soaking up the sun (yes, I know it's bad for you, but I put on sunscreen - sometimes), I love going to the beach, I love swimming in my pool. I really think I need to move to someplace where it's hot all year round.

Of course, Kevin will never go for that. So I just have to soak up as much summer as I can while it lasts.

Taking the kids to the beach today...Ahhh...I love summer!!

No comments: