Friday, July 27, 2007

In a fighting mood

I did something stupid at the supermarket today - I left behind an entire bag of produce that I had paid for. The kids were helping me bag, and I was bagging too, while supervising them, and I guess I got distracted and forgot to put one of the bags into the cart. Didn't realize it until a few hours later, when I was making dinner and realized that I was missing some ingredients.

The "old me" would have said, "Oh, well, I'm an idiot, guess I have to buy all new stuff".

But the "new me" went back to the store with my receipt, with the missing items circled, ready to fight if they wouldn't give me my money back.

Funny thing - they didn't ask any questions at all at the customer service desk - just glanced at the receipt and said "OK, just go get all the same stuff that you're missing and bring it back here". Since it was produce, I figured they would have to re-weigh everything, to make sure I didn't get more than before. But they said "just make it close", and when I brought it back up to the service desk, they didn't even look at it - just said "have a good night".

That was nice, but I guess I was in a fighting mood. I was actually kind of disappointed that I didn't have to argue with the guy.

So then I came home and found an argument with DH and another on SJ, but that's another story...I don't want to post anything negative on this blog. Life is too short to dwell on the negative.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

"Life is too short to dwell on the negative"

Amen girl! I totally agree!

Stacy said...

muahahaha I know the fight you are talking about lol But it did end as fast as it started. YAY! Love your blog btw!!!