Monday, July 23, 2007

QUICK - Someone call the fire department!!!


There sure are a lot of candles on that cake!! No, there aren't actually 40 of them on there. But I did reach the "Big 4-0" milestone this past weekend.

Feels odd to say that. I am 40 years old.

Several people asked me over the weekend if I "felt any different". Honestly, I think I started feeling different a few months ago. I've been "practicing" by saying "I'm ALMOST 40" for so long, that it didn't come as so much of a shock when I actually got there.

In the last couple of weeks, though, I have made some changes in my attitude. I have decided that LIFE IS TOO SHORT to...

* fight with my husband
* yell at my kids
* wait until my house is clean to have friends over
* NOT have sex
* count calories

and most of all, life is too short to work at Staples.

So I gave my 2 weeks' notice on Friday night, less than 6 hours before I officially turned 40. It felt good. I have hated that job for months now, because I know I can do better. I don't know what "better" is yet, but I know that my silly cashier job at Staples was causing more stress, more fighting, and more damage to my self-esteem than it was worth. So I'm just not going to work there anymore.

So there.

See, I told you I had a new attitude!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Happy birthday, and welcome to blogging. Glad to have you in the blogosphere.

Leslie said...

good for you! I'll add you to my blog list and keep up on you when I check my blogs!

Unknown said...

Feliz cumpleaƱos!! I'm so happy for your new attitude, you are a great friend and I have to agree with you life is too short!!!

~Denise said...

welcome to the blogging world!
I'm looking forward to reading your posts!
I LOVE your new attitude!! Think it'll rub off on me???